I hate Barista, and I hate Cafe Coffee Day even more.

There, that's out of the bloody way.

I think they're expensive, noisy and filthy.

The coffee is terrible. The hot coffees are insipid, the cold ones are full of snow and the iced ones are a magnificent explosion of ice cubes.

The food is stale. All fancy names, and no go.

And the service is appalling. I have always detested being served coffee in a plastic takeaway glass by a 15-year old doofus who wouldn't be able to tell the difference between coffee and bird pee even if he drank a gallon-odd of each.

We've dumped Baristas and CCDs.

Enter Vrindavan, Krishna Vihar, Ratna, Vishwa Bharti, Sairaj and Sadanand. In no particular order.

Udupis are the new meeting joints. Power lunches, quick bites, and everything in between.

Cheap, fast, reliable. Great food, fast service, Oracle-sque waiters. And that filter coffee.

Bahrista, I'll tell you what, take an effin' walk.